Major areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and submission of annual, quarterly or as needed insurance reports, general ledger reporting, statutory filings, balancing and any other relevant financial reports.
- Complies with the policies, standards and regulations of the Barbados Government, the Financial Services Commission and the Barbados Stock Exchange for all reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Supports reporting to the company’s leadership, Board and Group on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis.
- Calculates variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Supports timely and complete financial statements and other reporting as required for review by the Senior Manager – Financial Reporting & Planning.
- Leverages technology to improve financial operations.
- Performing financial analysis in all departmental related areas, including investment opportunities, or any other insurance related initiative.
- Supports the preparation of the corporate annual report for review by the CFO and Senior Manager – Financial Reporting & Planning developing and sourcing relevant content from all contributors and managing the production process from start to publication.
- Manages the documented system of accounting policies and procedures according to established standards.
- Implements and monitors staff performance measures and developmental initiatives.
- Assists in the establishment of KPIs and reporting on related performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of the Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CGA, ACCA, or similar designation).
- A minimum of four (4) years working in an accounting and/or finance environment at the level of Supervisor or above, with a key responsibility for producing financial statements.
- Possesses in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of general accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of IFRS.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – able to perform complex calculations in Excel and produce high quality documents and presentations for external stakeholders.
- Is able to analyse and report on financial data to support strategic decision-making.
- Is able to use [or learn to use] different financial software platforms to input and extract useful financial data.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to explain technical concepts clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays a professional, yet pleasant manner when interacting with customers, staff and other stakeholders.
- Keeps financial information and corporate plans confidential to protect the company’s interests.
- Organized with excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Experience managing to deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs.
- Experience at a Big Four in Audit and Assurance would be an asset.
- Experience dealing with local/regional/international regulatory bodies would be an asset.
- Understanding of or experience in the implementation of IFRS would be an asset.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance and/or Professional Diploma in Insurance would be an asset.
- Previous experience in an insurance environment would be an asset.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
Friday, September 6, 2019