Data Protection Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Data Protection Officer in the Compliance Business Unit. This role is in Grade 2 (Manager Grade) of the Company’s compensation structure and will report to the AVP, Compliance.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Manage ICBL’s compliance program for personal data protection.
- Support and advise the business on all matters related to personal data protection.
- Create and maintain appropriate personal data protection policies and procedures.
- Design and implement personal data protection audits across the company.
- Carry out a program of awareness raising and training to the entire to deliver compliance and foster a personal data privacy culture within the group.
- Operate as the primary contact point for the Commissioner and lead a personal data incident response and personal data breach notification procedure.
- Lead on specific work program and projects which relate to personal data management and protection.
- Help build and foster strong relationships across the organisation and with external parties.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of data protection issues and other regulation legislation and an ability to articulate their practical implications.
- Able to present complex technical, legislative and regulatory concepts for a wide range of audiences to a high standard, including responding sensitively and diplomatically to data requests and assisting others in their responses
- Great communication skills at all levels of the business including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data protection and privacy risks
- Analytical and investigative skills in order to identify areas of non-compliance to determine root causes, key risks and challenges of the group's businesses. Propose changes and identify opportunities.
- Sound skills in leading, persuading and influencing attitudes and behaviors.
- Adaptable in absorbing, interpreting and applying new information.
- Strong team working skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Project management skills.
- Adaptable within a changing environment and can work effectively with multiple stakeholders from a wide business background.
- Ability to create and embed compliance training strategies into businesses.
- A Degree in a related discipline.
- A minimum five (5) years’ experience in insurance or financial services environment.
- An understanding of data management in an IT environment would be an asset.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
Tuesday, June 02, 2021