ICT - Systems Administrator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of ICT - Systems Administrator. This is a Consultant position.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Supports the IT systems infrastructure ensuring all systems function as designed and
perform at peak efficiency.
- Manages and supports the company’s servers and workstations.
- Assists the Senior ICT and Technical Administrator in performing system upgrades.
- Operation and maintenance of backup and archival processes.
- Assists in documenting system configurations and process flow diagrams.
- Assists in identifying, analysing and resolving infrastructure issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of the
Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in: Setup and Administration of multiplatform environments
(Windows, Linux), Storage Systems, Active Directory, Virtualization (HyperV, VMWare),
Application Virtualization (Citrix), Networking, VoIP (Cisco CUCM), scripting (Powershell)
- Experience in Cloud Computing (Azure, AWS) is an asset.
- Working experience with switching, routing and firewall technologies with particular focus
on Cisco equipment.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all members of staff, clients
and general public.
- Good analytical skills in reviewing issues being experienced by staff and providing first
- Confident, mature and diplomatic with a “can do” approach.
- Position necessitates flexible work schedule.
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, sound morals and
ethics, with the ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships with
colleagues across the organization.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities, prioritize work and
perform multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill these positions and should be sent to:-
The Human Resources Business Unit, ICBL Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline Date for Applications
Friday, September 10, 2021