Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Investment Analyst in the Asset Management Business Unit. This role is in Grade 3 (Assistant Manager Grade) of the Company’s compensation structure and will report to Assistant Vice President – Asset Management.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Maintains investment systems and records.
- Monitors the media and other published data to ascertain and keep abreast of the general economic environment, new investment products and the performance of local, regional and international capital markets.
- Assists with the formulation of strategic asset allocation and portfolio management of various investment portfolios.
- Analyses investments and makes recommendations to Management for replacement funds.
- Prepares environmental and other market analyses that impact on the performance of the investment portfolio and other Assets Under Management.
- Prepares investments and other departmental reports as required.
- Attends Board and other Committees’ Meetings, as required.
- Assists in cash projections/ liquidity forecasting.
- Assists the Risk & Compliance Manager in the preparation of the Company’s Asset Liability reporting and its KPIs.
- Assists in the stress testing framework.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all members of staff, staff in the regional and international capital markets, members of the Board of Directors of ICBL and the general public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of the Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited and its customers.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Superior customer service, communication and teamwork skills that demonstrate professionalism.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – able to perform complex calculations in Excel and produce high quality documents and presentations.
- Advanced critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Deadline oriented and results driven.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work autonomously.
- Experience in management of pension funds.
- Experience in Financial modelling.
- Experience in the valuation of alternative asset classes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Banking or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience in investments.
- Post-graduate training in Finance/Investment Management.
- Enrollment in CFA program would be an asset.
- Good computer literacy skills, good written and oral communication skills.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
Friday, January 20, 2023