Manager - IFRS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Manager - IFRS.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Supports the Financial Controller by driving the implementation of IFRS 17 within finance and throughout the company.
- Supports the Financial Controller by working with finance project manager to deliver critical finance projects within stipulated deadlines.
- Works with the group leaders/Chief Financial Officer to coach Finance operational staff on internal controls, processes and reporting procedures related to IFRS 17.
- Works with the group leaders to leverage technology to improve efficiency.
- Assists with the development of project plans, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) business cases and participates in system infrastructure/setup design.
- Assists with the design of IFRS chart of accounts in Sage and new processes to transition to IFRS 17.
- Complies with the policies, standards and regulations of the Barbados Government, the Financial Services Commission, the Barbados Stock Exchange and other regulatory authorities for all reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Implements and maintains a system of internal controls which ensures high quality financial reporting in line with IFRS 17.
- Stays up to date with any changes in the regulatory environment and IFRS and provides recommendations to Executive Leadership and the Board.
- Implements and monitors staff performance measures and developmental initiatives.
- Supports the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Leadership team in any other areas assigned, which are of strategic or tactical importance to the company.
- Assists with the preparation of audit schedules and provides supporting documentation as required.
- Reviews journal entries and provides necessary assistance to employees in accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of the Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A recognized Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CGA, CPA, ACCA or similar designation).
- Minimum of seven years working in an accounting and/or finance environment at supervisory level.
- Experience in project management.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance and/or Professional Diploma in Insurance would be an asset.
- Previous experience in an insurance environment would be an asset.
- A post-graduate degree would be an asset.
- Formal project management training from an accredited institution would be an asset.
- Broad knowledge of general accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS 17.
- Working knowledge of SAGE, IFRS and general accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent supervisory skills and leads by example.
- Keeps financial information and corporate plans confidential to protect the company’s interests.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of key end to end processes in insurance.
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, integrity, sound morals and ethics, with the ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships with colleagues across the organization.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office etc.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
June 4, 2021.