Manager – Sales & Business Development
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the permanent position of Manager – Sales & Business Development in the Sales & Marketing Business Unit. This position is at the level of Grade 2 in the Company’s compensation structure and will report to the Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Devises and supports the implementation of the Company’s sales strategy.
- Collaborates with team(s) to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual assigned targets.
- Meets with assigned sales team weekly and coordinates support sales activities for direct reports.
- Coordinates the monthly reporting to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for the Sales and Business Development Business Sub-Unit.
- Develops and implements sales strategies.
- Prepares proposals/business cases with detailed costings as well as contract documents for review by the SVP – Sales & Marketing prior to client negotiations.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the Business Development team.
- Analyses existing approaches to the development of business and makes changes where appropriate.
- Forms strategic partnerships and where necessary represents ICBL at Vendor or business events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of the Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Previous experience in managing sales teams.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Proven success in identifying business opportunities and converting to new clients.
- Proven success in establishing a relationship management approach within an organization.
- Proven experience in a supervisory/managerial
- Ability to oversee and coordinate projects, regardless of size through to completion.
- Sets challenging but attainable goals.
- Is able to plan effectively, multitask and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Is able to work autonomously.
- Is able to resolve problems, take ownership, identify causes and possible solutions.
- Critical thinking, makes decisions and oversees resolutions.
- Is able to analyse and report on matters to support strategic decision-making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to explain technical concepts clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays a professional, yet pleasant manner when interacting with customers, staff and other stakeholders.
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to plan, organise, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
Wednesday, September 23, 2022