SAGE 300 Support Consultant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of SAGE 300 Support Consultant attached to the Project Management & Operational Excellence Business Unit.
The role will ultimately provide support to ICBLs Technology & Business Solutions and Finance Business units, to implement solutions required for IFRS17 Chart of Accounts project and other SAGE 300 ERP related projects.
The successful candidate will be required to work with internal and external stakeholders to support the planning, development, issue management and delivery of the projects to meet objectives and ensure successful implementation.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Assists with the design and implementation of enhancements to address the business needs of the Company in the areas identified, and any others within the scope of the role.
- IFRS 17 Reporting Compliance
- Streamlining integration between core applications and the Sage 300 ERP financial software
- Other SAGE 300 ERP related projects
- Assists with the creation and implementation of Chart of Accounts to meet IFRS17 requirements.
- Complete project documentation as required, including requirements analysis, system integration design and user test plans.
- Coordinate testing and parallel reporting post implementation of IFRS17 Chart of Accounts to ensure mapping meets requirements and any issues are resolved accordingly.
- Assists with report creation and/or customization in Sage Business Intelligence module.
- Assist with the customization of Crystal reports.
- Performs troubleshoot on Business Intelligence reports and assist with a resolution.
- Facilitates the production of system and user documentation during the development of software applications.
- Assists with functional specifications for all reports and enhancements to software systems related to the assignment(s).
- Ensures all problems and requests assigned are resolved in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and necessary for the development of the Company.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of MS, Crystal, SQL, Visual Basic.net, and reporting/BI tools.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in a systems analysis environment.
- Knowledge of all modules of the Sage 300 ERP software including the functionality of the GL and sub-ledger systems and how they integrate with other core systems.
- Experience working with multiple ledgers (primary and secondary), and/or sub-accounts/sub-ledgers.
- Experience with integrating Third-Party Products with Sage 300 ERP software
- Chart of Accounts development - design, mapping and adoption
- Knowledge of Accounting principles, standards and concepts would be an asset – including but not limited to expense allocation and customized disclosure notes/ reports
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 requirements would be an asset.
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Knowledge of insurance would be an asset.
- Consultative background with a record of delivering projects and solutions within defined timeframes and budgets.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all members of staff, clients and other business partners
- Effective collaboration with internal team to drive successful delivery of projects
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal & written) communication skills to support working in a project environment with internal & external teams.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work autonomously.
- The ability to translate non-technical business requirements to technical requirements.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Deadline Date for Applications
Friday, January 14, 2022