ONLINE PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Payment Service incorporates commercially reasonable methods to authenticate the information that you have supplied for making a payment. We cannot accept your payment until the Payment Service authenticates you based on the valid ICBL policy number associated with that policy (which is reflected on the printed bill you receive from ICBL).
- You will not be allowed to use the Payment Service to make payments to ICBL until you have read these Online Payment Terms and Conditions and have acknowledged doing so by clicking the “I Accept” button on the payment page.
- As the user of the Payment Service, and upon your acceptance of these Online Payment Terms and Conditions, you will have submitted credit card account (your “Designated Account”) information. You are responsible for any legal, regulatory, or banking penalties and fees that arise in the event that you supply false information for use with the Payment Service.
- The Payment Service may be used for renewals on personal Motor, Residential and Travel policies.
AUTHORISATION FOR PAYMENT SERVICE USAGE
- By accepting these Online Payment Terms and Conditions, you authorise ICBL, through the Payment Service, to initiate a charge to your Designated Account according to your instructions. Each time you use the Payment Service to make a payment to ICBL, you will be authorising ICBL to charge your Designated Account according to your instructions.
- By accepting these Online Payment Terms and Conditions, you agree that:
- No payment, or any portion of a payment, will be considered paid until ICBL receives payment;
- It is not necessary for any officer or employee of ICBL to sign a debit to your account.
By providing ICBL with the account information for your Designated Account, you authorise ICBL to follow the payment instructions we received from you through the Payment Service. When you use this Payment Service to send ICBL a payment instruction, you authorise ICBL to initiate a message to your credit card provider to charge your Designated Account and to send those funds to ICBL for payment on your policy so that we receive the funds.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS TO US
By accepting these Online Payment Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant that:
- You are 18 years old or older;
- You are using your actual identity and any information you provide is accurate and complete;
- The credit card is issued in your name and that you are authorised to incur charges against that credit card;
- You are legally authorised to make payments using your Designated Account;
- You have verified that the information is accurate and complete before submitting the information for processing;
- Your use of the Payment Service will not violate any local, or international laws or regulations.
ICBL shall have no liability to you whatsoever and howsoever arising if your warranties above are untrue.
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING MEASURES
If your payment is in the sum of $10,000.00 or more, please note that you may be contacted by personnel from ICBL to confirm your identity and to request information concerning the source of your funds. You may be required to produce original documentation for identification purposes. These measures are in compliance with the Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (Prevention and Control) Act, Chapter 129 of the Laws of Barbados.
If your payment is received after the due date indicated on your renewal notice, then, you will remain responsible for any late charges and interest, even if you are unable to access the system due to problems with the Internet, or our servers being temporarily unavailable. We recommend that you use the Payment Service to make payments to ICBL at least four (4) business days before the actual due date that is printed on your bill. (Business days are Monday through Friday, except for bank holidays).
PAYMENT BY INSTALLMENTS
Please note that should you wish to pay by instalments, there must be a prior arrangement between yourself and our Credit Unit. The Credit Unit may be contacted at 434-6000. If you require more than three (3) months to complete your instalments, a finance charge of 3% of your balance will apply.
ICBL will issue a confirmation to you about your payment transaction, whether via the website, by email orotherwise.
CANCELLATION OF POLICY
If you wish to cancel your policy and obtain a refund of premium, kindly send us your request in writing and contact our Personal Lines Department at 434-6000 or 434-6028.
CANCELLATION OF PAYMENTS
If you wish to cancel a payment and obtain a refund, kindly contact our Accounts Department at 434-6000 or 434-6041.
A “chargeback” occurs when a customer disputes a credit card charge. If you intend to dispute or deny a charge, please contact us directly. Please note that it is fraudulent to dispute a valid charge in relation to the purchase of any insurance product from ICBL.
At ICBL we aim to protect consumers' sensitive information. As a result, we provide you with a confidential and secure environment by using the latest security techniques. In addition, we
restrict access to your personal information to our employees and our affiliate’s employees or others who need to know that information in order to service your account.
However, you are responsible for keeping your computer from which you are making the payment free from viruses and malicious programs. You are responsible for maintaining all appropriate security measures, including but not limited to ensuring that you have installed a virus protection program and that such program is up to date. You acknowledge that a failure to do so may lead to the viewing of your data by unauthorised parties. ICBL will have no liability to you whatsoever if you suffer loss that is caused by your failure to keep your computer secure.
We remind you that submitting information over the internet is not risk-free. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of any payment information that you submit. We cannot guarantee against unauthorised access to this information.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES
ICBL does not make any warranties, representations or guarantees that the Payment Service will function as intended, be secure or its operation will be continuous or be uninterrupted. All implied terms conditions and warranties regarding the functionality and security of the Payment Service are excluded to the fullest extent possible, except for those that cannot be lawfully excluded.
You agree and acknowledge that internet transactions are never entirely secure or private and that any information sent to you (including credit card information) may be read or intercepted by others. We have no duty to you arising out of or in connection with the interception of data by unauthorised parties or for any events beyond the reasonable control of ICBL.
To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim liability, whether based in contract tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise for damages of any kind (including but not limited
to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential. Special, punitive or exemplary damages) in any way arising from the functionality or operation of our websites (including but not limited to damages arising from interruptions of service or delays in operation or transmission) even if we were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
ALTERATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
These Online Payment Terms and Conditions are the legal binding agreement between ICBL and you with respect to the Payment Service. You will be agreeing to the current provisions of these Online Payment Terms and Conditions each time a payment is made using the Payment Service according to your instructions. These Online Payment Terms and Conditions may be altered or amended at any time. You should ensure that you review these Terms & Conditions each time you make a payment to be certain that you agree with any new provisions. Your use of the Payment Service after any changes to these Online Payment Terms and Conditions will constitute your agreement to such change(s).
TERMINATION OR DISCONTINUATION
We reserve the right to terminate the Payment Service at any time, or to terminate your use of the Payment Service. If we terminate your use of the Payment Service, you will need to pay your ICBL bill or premium over the counter at our ICBL Roebuck Street office.
If there is a dispute regarding the Payment Service, you agree to resolve the dispute in accordance with recognised dispute resolution procedures and governing law.
These Online Payment Terms and Conditions are the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement regarding the Payment Service between you and ICBL. It supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and ICBL specifically relating to the Payment Service. If there is a conflict between any other ICBL communication and the terms of this document, these Online Payment Terms and Conditions will prevail.
You should print and retain this document for safekeeping and reference at any time during usage of the Payment Service.